Monday, June 27, 2005

Quasimodo spotted at SOBC

I seem to have contracted what I think is a sinus allergy of some type. I've actually had it once before. If you attended Bible Study on that particluar Sunday, you'll know how I look. Anyway, the left side of my face is swollen slightly. It doesn't hurt but I can feel it. I took some Sudafed but I probably need some antibiotics. I would have stayed home (so I wouldn't scare the little children) but I was scheduled to fill in as teacher for our class. Whadda do?

We've been studying the life of Moses for about 5 weeks. Our study is at the point that he's going to confront Pharoah. I decided to explore what made Moses the man that he was prior to the burning bush experience. Here's some of the thoughts.

I started with the question, "Why a burning bush?"

If Moses is anything like me, it wasn't God's first attempt to get Moses' attention. I suspect that there were many other attempts that Moses overlooked. I think maybe he feels disqualified from his heritage, his faith, and his relationship with God. He's settled for less. "This is as good as it gets. This is all that I deserve."

I also interpret his dialogue with God where he makes excuses about why he's not the man for the job as a genuine expression of his psyche. He's saying, "Maybe there was a time when I could have been the right person for the job, but not now."

I referred to the passage in I Corinthians 1:27-31.

[27]But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. [28] He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, [29] so that no one may boast before him. [30] It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. [31] Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."


Have you ever felt foolish, weak, lowly, despised? Wonder what God's waiting to do through you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home