Thursday, May 29, 2008

52

At 52 my world is a very different place than I had imagined it would be. I've learned a few things about myself. I'm not particularily creative or innovative. I'm not the most talented (at least I'm the best looking). I am analytical (to a fault).

I've learned a few things about parenting. There are no simple guidelines. Just because it worked once doesn't mean it will work again.

I've also learned:

You don't have to drive a sports car like it's a race car.
If it's not funny to everyone, then it's not funny.
"Enough" is usually more than enough.
To err is human. So is to cover it up.
Whenever possible, avoid being institutionalized.
Life is too short to put up with some and too long to put up with others.
There is joy to be found in having nothing to do as a hobby.
Eighteen years is not a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home