Saturday, January 27, 2007

line between secular and sacred

When you look in the box for most of those that I church with you will find this dualistic pattern of thought. It's a comfortable concept for isolationist who want to withdraw for fear of becoming tainted by contact with outsiders.

but I have come to believe that we need to interact with certain things in culture to better understand people in the world and their underlying desire to be redeemed...

Becoming a cultural redemptive means that we are willing to connect with the expressions of our culture in order to translate the message of the kingdom: a message of freedom and a new start. As I struggle to find the balance, I gain a better understanding of my role in the world as it pertains to the mission of God: a mission that is known for its nearness to culture and its compassion for those who are desperately searching for redemption. read more...

- Brian Orme

I recently heard a Preacher say, "Ask not what your church can do for you, but what you can do for the Kingdom of God." Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where that was true and everyone in the world knew it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home