Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hello Blogosphere, I'm back.

Apologies to all for my absenteeism over the last several months. 2006 became quite an adventure. I'm hoping the things settle down in 2007.

My part of the development project is completed - developed, tested, and deployed! A new challenge sprang up in mid-2006 and at least for now has become a full time job. It will change my responsibilities at work entirely. Challenges abound.

2006 also provided lots of opportunities to re-evaluate and reconstruct my theology of church and ministry. Much of that is still unfolding as I wrestle with cultural issues. More to follow. For now I'll end with this quote from the emergent newsletter that counters one of my greatest criticisms of many institutional churches (i.e. consumer culture)

I believe that EV (emergent village) is worth supporting because it creates a gift-culture community...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home