Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Let us pray...

I may not be in favor of prayer in public schools. Any form of religious instruction occurring in a public forum, especially with the public education of children, should be identified as such. I don't want my child educated in Eastern or Western religion unless it is identified as such and therefore I don't want to open the door to public prayers that are not identified also. As a Christian I want to extend the same courtesy to non-believers. I am in favor of allowing individuals to pray anytime and anywhere. This right is already guaranteed under the constitution's first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home