Thursday, December 01, 2005

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

One of the local radio stations keeps airing an editorial promotion about "keeping Christ in Christmas."

***caution***
You could get offended by what follows.

The jest of the promotion is to characterize those who use the phrase, "Happy Holidays" (in lieu of "Merry Christmas") as secular, pagan, or at the very least, carnal. Perhaps that describes me. I agree that those who follow Jesus need to be careful not to miss Him during all of the celebration of the season. I also think that it is a wonderful time to tell the story of Jesus. But focus less on that He came and how He came and focus more on why He came.

I try not to concern myself with being "politically correct" when it comes to faith issues. I opt to be "Biblically correct" as I understand it. YMMV. I don't want to impose my faith or my culture or my religious principals on others who may have a different perspective. I'd rather walk with them and introduce them to Jesus.

I used to be fervent about apologetics. Now I feel stronger about apologizing to those who seem hostile to my faith for all that's been done to them and others in His name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home