Thursday, November 03, 2005

I can't help but wonder...

I've been wondering if my thoughts and comments here have offended some of my friends in the "conventional, typical, traditional, institutional, etc." church.

It was never my intention to criticize God's servants or their work. Frankly, that's not my place. However, I felt led to take a new path. The more people that I verbalize my frustrations and vision with, the more confirmation I receive about the choice that I've made.

Most of the ideas are not really new though they may be new to me. They have been explored for more than 15 years and maybe even longer. Perhaps this analogy will help us continue to appreciate and relate to each other:

If you think about the journey as if it were a train en route to an unknown destination. We cluster in groups or communities in different cars on the train based on our comfort with change and the context of our ministry. Naturally some are in cars closer to the destination than others. Regardless of which car we are in, there are people who need ministry in that setting. Each of us has our plate full.

I occasionally look out the window and try to describe the landscape from my point of view as it speeds by. The view from your window may look very different. We can, in fact, both be correct if we are merely describing what we see and not making assumptions about where we are heading based only on what we see out of our windows. It may be your opinion that we are on separate trains and mine is on the wrong track. Or you may think that the view out of my window is some elaborate hoax and it does not reflect the actual landscape of where we really are. I admit that either of those are possible, but possible for either of us. But my point remains that there are others that share our view who are in need of our ministry.

For all who bear a cup of water in Jesus' name, I pray God speed you on the journey.

just my view from here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home