Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Post-denominational church

vs. "non-denominational"

It's not that I don't appreciate who I've been for the last 30 years. I do. Really. I'm extremely grateful for those who have invested in my pilgrimage. I just want to walk side-by-side with other friends and fellow-travelers and share their journey and walk together for a while.

It's not a theological issue for me. It's just that my experience has been and continues to be some of those who wave the denominational banners tend to be exclusionary rather than inclusionary even towards those of a simular theology.

I remember a former pastor telling me once, "we can participate [in campus ministries] with other [youth ministries] as long as we're in charge."

Now I don't think that anything could be further from the truth. But that's just my....

view from here

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home